- Amber Brown Is Not A Crayon by Paula Danziger
Third grade is the worst year of Amber's life when her best friend moves.
- The Canada Geese Quilt by Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
Ariel makes a special quilt to help lessen her fears.
- Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary
Through a series of letters written to his favorite author, Leigh Botts learns to handle the difficulties in his life.
- Encyclopedia Brown Boy Detective by Donald J. Sobol
Leroy Brown is so smart everyone calls him Encyclopedia, and he's spending the summer solving cases.
- In The Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson by Bette Bao Lord
When the Wong family moves from China to Brooklyn, Shirley has trouble fitting in until she learns to love baseball.
- Lily's Crossing by Patricia Reilly Giff
During the summer of 1944 Lily sees the world differently through her friendship with an Hungarian refugee.
- Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
A woman moves to the Midwest after she answers an ad for a mail order bride.
- The Search For Delicious by Natalie Babbitt
No one can agree on the one food that should be used to explain the word delicious.
- Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
A boy finds a mistreated dog and hides it from the abusive owner.
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Two children go on an adventure through space and time to find their father.
For the online library catalog click on the Ramapo Catskill Library System at this site.
Youth Services ||| GPLHS Home