Budget PropositionShall the Board of Education of the Goshen Central School District be authorized to levy a tax, pursuant to Section 259 of the Education Law, in the amount of $452,979 for the operation and support of the Goshen Public Library and Historical Society?
The tax allotment for the proposed budget is a $24,215 increase.
This increase will allow the library to:
- provide a reference library for every hour the library is open
- offer a year round program of service for young adults
- offer twice monthly programs for adults
- add an additional workstation for CD-ROM reference materials
- improve service at the circulation desk
- upgrade the public computer
The estimated tax rates per $1,000 of assessed value are:Chester $ .43 Goshen $ .37 Hamptonburgh $ .45 Wallkill $1.08 Wawayanda $1.35For example: A Goshen homeowner with a home assessed at $175,000 would pay a library tax of $64.75. This is a decrease of five cents from 1997 (the average Goshen home was then assessed at $40,000 for which the tax rate was $1.62). The value of the average house has increased as a result of the recently completed reassessment and the rate per $1000 has decreased accordingly.
Did you know?
The circulation desk is manned 65 hours per week,
the reference desk 57 hours, and the Sharts Room
The library parking lot accomodates nine cars.
Legal occupancy of the building is 58 people.
We have 6,787 registered card holders.