at Goshen Public Library
Phone: 294-6606 (press 5)
Registration: Jan 25th, 26th, 27th.
Toddletime (18-36 months)
- A program for carefivers and tots to help introduce toddlers to the
world of books through stories, fingerplays, and songs. There will be
toys out for play and social time. We ask that other arrangements be
made for younger and older siblings so that this is a special time for
you and your toddler.
Tuesdays: 10:30-11:15 - Starting Feb. 8
Wednesday: 9:30-10:15 or 10:30-11:15 - Starting Feb. 9
Length: 6 weeks. Limit: 12
Circletime (3 years)
- This is aprogram for 3 year olds who have never attended our Preschool
Story Hour. This is a chance for the preschooler to be on his/her
own without Mom or Dad! it will include stories, songs and fingerplays
in a small group atmosphere. New 3 year olds must attend this program
before attending Preschool Story Hour.
Wednesday: 1:30-2 - Starting Feb. 9
or Friday 10:30-11:00 - Starting Feb. 11
Length: 8 weeks. Limit 12.
Preschool Story Hour (3 1/2, 4 & 5 - not in Kindergarten)
- A program of stories, games, songs, films, and crafts usually based
on a theme. Choosing his/her own library books to read at home is also
an integral part of the Story Hour experience. new 3 year olds must attend
Circle Time first.
Tuesday: 1:30-2:15 - Starting Feb. 8
Thursday: 10:30-11:15 or 1:30-2:15 - Starting Feb. 10
Length: 8 weeks. Limit 18.
Special Registration Phone #: 294-8405
Rock and Read! (Grades K & 1)
- Join us for stories, games, crafts and films about talking rocks, edible stones, and magic pebbles!
Weds. 3:45 - 4:45, Feb. 16, 23, Mar. 1
Tues. 3:45 - 4:30, March 14, 21, 28
Register Weds., Feb. 9, 4 pm by phone.
Portraits in Pictures (Grades 2 & 3)
- Join the fun as we explore the lives of famous people from our picture book biography collection.
Tues. 3:45 - 4:45 pm, Feb. 15, 22, 29
Register Tues. Feb. 8, 4 pm by phone.
Food and Folktales (Grades 4 -6)
- Share the stories and foods of other cultures.
Weds. 4 - 5, March 15, 22, 29. Register Weds. March 1, 4 pm by phone.
DONUTS & DISCUSSION
- Join the fun as we continue this popular program.
We'll all read the same book, then get together to share
our opinions and to enjoy refreshments.
- Knights of the Kitchen Table - Grades 2 - 4.
Another Time Warp Trio Adventure by Jon Scieszka.
Thurs. Mar. 9, 4 - 5 pm.
Register & pick up book Thurs. Feb. 10.
- Running Out of Time - Grades 5 & 6.
An epidemic leads to a strange discover for Jessie.
by Margaret Peterson Haddis
Mon. Mar. 6, 4 - 5 pm
Register & pick up book Tues., Feb. 1.
Sweet Treats (Grades 3-6)
- Decorate a heart shaped box with a decoupage technique,
then fill it with candies
Thurs. Feb. 10, 4-5 pm. Limit 15.
Register Thurs. Feb. 3, 4 pm by phone.
Mystery Craft! (Grades K-2 with parent)
- Help us recycle left-over craft projects. Each participant will choose from a grab bag of crafts and complete the porject that he picks. A fun surprise!
Thurs. mar. 2 drop in between 3 and 5 pm.
Register Thurs. Feb. 24, 4 pm by phone.
Find It @ the Library (Grades 3-6)
- Get up early on your day off and join us for an exciting scavenger hunt through the bookstacks and computers as teams compete to find information. Donuts and drinks will be served.
Friday, Feb. 18, 9 - 10:30 am. Limit 18.
Register Friday, Feb. 11, 4 pm by phone.
What's the Sense (Grades K - 2)
- Kevin Geraghty of "Nature Wagon" leads children in activities to awaken the senses and spark the imagination.
Weds. March 15, 2 - 3 pm. Limit 25.
Register Wednesday, Mar. 8, 4 pm by phone.
General Registration Policies
at Goshen Public Library
- In person at the Goshen Public Library for Pre-School programs; by phone
for School-age programs. (294-6962)
- One adult per family unit.
- A parent's valid Goshen Library card must be presented at registration.
- Programs are open to cardholders of the Goshen Public Library & Historical Society.
- Children must be of specified age by first sessions of program.
- Space remaining after first day registration may be filled by out-of-
district children attending Goshen schools. This applies to school age
Click here to return to the main menu.