Phone: 294-6606 (press 5)
at Goshen Public Library
Phone: 294-6606 (press 5)
Toddletime (18 - 36 months. 6 weeks. Limit 12.)
- A program for caregivers and tots to help introduce toddlers to the world of books through stories, fingerplays and songs. There will be toys out for play and social time. We ask that other arrangements be made for younger and older siblings so that this is a special time for you and your toddler.
Starting October 10: Tuesdays 9:30-10:15, 10:30-11:15
Starting October 11: Wednesday: 10:30-11:15
Circletime (3 years. 8 weeks. Limit 12.)
- This is a program for 3 year olds who have never attended our Preschool Story Hour. This is a chance for the preschooler to be on his/her own without Mom or Dad! It will include stories, songs and fingerplays in a small group atmosphere. New 3 year olds must attend this program before attending Preschool Story Hour.
Starting October 11: Wednesday 1:30 or
Starting October 13: Friday 11-11:30
Preschool Story Hour (Ages 3 1/2, 4, and 5 - not in Kindergarten. 8 Weeks. Limit 18.)
- A program of stories, games, songs, films and crafts usually based on a theme. Choosing his/her own library books to read at home is also an integral part of the Story Hour experience. New 3 year olds must attend Circletime first.
Starting October 12: Thursday 10:30-11:15 or 1:30-2:15
HAPPILY EVER AFTER (Grades K - 1)
- Join us for stories, crafts and films featuring princes and princesses. Tuesdays 3:45-4:30, November 7-28. Register Wednesday, November 1, 4 PM by phone.
SURVIVAL (Grades 2-4)
- Stories, games and films of exciting tales of courage, including Arctic voyages and the Titanic. Tuesdays 3:45-4:30, October 10, 17, 24. Register Tuesday, October 4, 4 PM by phone.
DONUTS AND DISCUSSION
- Birchbark House by Louise Erdrich (Grades 4-6)
This historical novel is similar to Little House on the Prairie but is told from the point of view of Omakayas, a young Native American. Wednesday, November 1, 4-5 PM. Register in person and pick up book the week of October 2.
- Holes by Louis Sachar (Grades 5 & 6)
Stanley Yelnats is cursed. After being convicted of a crime he didn't commit, he's stuck digging holes at Camp Green Lake--which isn't green and doesn't have a lake. Find out if Stanley can break the curse in this humorous tale. Wednesday, December 6, 4-5 PM. Register in person and pick up book the week of November 6.
AUTUMN WREATH (Grades 3-6)
- Use a wooden hoop, fabric and ribbon to create a lovely fall decoration. Wednesday, October 18, 3:45-5 PM. Limit 18. Register Wednesday, October 11, 4 PM by phone.
HOLIDAY SONGBOOK AND SING-A-LONG (Grades K-2)
- Learn some Christmas and Hanukah songs and make a songbook to take home. Tuesday, December 12, 4-5 PM. Limit 24. Register Wednesday, December 6, 4 PM by phone.
CREATE A GIFT (Grades 5-6)
- Make a pine scented holiday mini-pillow out of fabric and felt. Thursday, December 14, 3:45-5 PM. Limit 15. Register Wednesday, December 6, 4 PM by phone.
DIGGING FOR DINOSAURS (Grades K-1)
- Go on a (plastic) dinosaur dig and enjoy stories and a film. Thursday, October 19 4-5 PM. Limit 24. Register Thursday, October 12, 4 PM by phone.
MEN IN BLUE (Grades 2-6)
- Members of the local Civil War Regiment, the famed "Orange Blossoms" will explain the life of the soldier. Young "recruits" will march and drill. Thursday, November 9, 4-5 PM. Register Wednesday, November 1, 4 PM by phone.
BOOK SWAP (ALL AGES)
- Help celebrate National Children's Book Week (November 12-18) with our annual Bookswap. Bring in used (but usable) books (up to 10 per child) and choose "new" boks, receive a bookbag and make a bookmark. Wednesday, November 15. Drop in between 3 and 5 PM. No registration necessary.
HARRY POTTER BATTLE OF THE BOOKS (Grades 4-6)
- Test your Harry Potter trivia knowledge against other "muggles." Get sorted in House teams and prepare for a trivia battle! Questions will be based on the first three books. Wednesday, November 29, 4-5:30 PM. Register Tuesday, November 21, 4 PM by phone.
HOORAY FOR WINTER HOLIDAYS
- Join Kathy Baker and Christine LaPlante for a cross-cultural holiday musical experience. Friday, December 1, 11-11:30 AM. Limit 20. Register Tuesday, November 28, 4 PM by phone.
- In person at Goshen Public Library for Pre-School programs; by phone for some school-age programs (294-8405).
- One adult per family unit.
- A parent's valid Goshen Library card must be presented at registration.
- Programs are open to cardholders of the Goshen Public Library & Historical Society.
- Children must be specified age by first sessions of program.
- Space remaining after first day registration may be filled by out-of-district children attending Goshen schools. This applies to school-age programs only.