- Goal 1: To develop a plan to meet our interim space needs.
- Evaluate options based upon staff recommendations
- Make a determination
- Goal 2: To develop a long-range (3 to 5 year) plan of service.
- Write long range plan
- Goal 3: To formulate a building program
- Evaulate options and secure a site.
- Assess public need.
- Have architect draft a preliminary design.
- Conduct a bond issue referendum for the new building.
- Make a decision on the disposition of the present building.
- Develop a presentation for the public on the building program.
Human Resources Goals
- Goal 1: To provide staff in-service training to fulfill the technology competency needs determined by RCLS.
- Send all staff to appropriate RCLS sponsored workshops.
- Arrange for individualized on-site training for specific needs in areas not covered by RCLS.
- Goal 2: To conduct monthly staff meetings to open channels of communication regarding customer service and policy issues.
- Goal 1: To continue updating and rebuilding the Library's collections.
- Weed, update and replace to improve the quality of the following adult non-fiction subjects: small business, poetry, drama.
- Weed, update and replace to improve the quality of the juvenile fiction collections, with emphasis on classics, popular authors (series) and paperbacks.
- Develop a new list for "Adopt-a-Book"
- Develop a collection of Spanish language materials.
- Goal 2: To complete indexing for at least one year of the Independent Republican.
- Goal 3: To revise and update the policy and procedure manual for the circulation staff.
- Incorporate all approved policy changes in the manual available for the public.
- Review all procedures with the staff, rewriting to reflect changes in practice as necessary.
- Goal 4: To improve servics to the hearing impaired.
- Recruit a sign language interpreter to be available as needed for Library programs.
The staff has recommended that no new collections or services be implemented until we have a permanent resolution of our space needs. The following program/collection needs have been identified: Mother Goose time program for parent and child 6 months to 1 year; music CD collection; interactive computer software and workstations for children; additional part-time adult program coordinator for expanded program offerings, ESL.