- Academy of American Poets
- Great starting point, frequently updated with calendars of events, especially those of the National poetry month.
- AHA's Haiku Writer
- Automatically generated haiku- not to be taken too seriously but fun nonetheless.
- American Verse Project
- An impressive archive of electronic text (verse) from 1799 to 1962.
- The Atlantic Monthly
- Poetry pages - a multimedia feature devoted to poets and poetry both classic and contemporary. Includes audio versions of Atlantic poems read by the authors and much more.
- Beat Poets
http://www.charm.net/~brooklyn/LitKicks.html - From Allen Ginsberg to the latter-day beat writers of the 60's- an unbelievable amount of links from this site (also called Literary Kicks).
- Electronic Poetry Center
- Provides an excellent index of poets on the web.
- Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival
- Official site of this famous biennial event.
- The Internet Poetry Archive
- University of North Carolina Press makes available the work of six major contemporary poets using multimedia and including critical biography and interviews with the poets themselves.
- Literary Links
- A list of links off the Academy of American Poets site that is quite incredible in its scope.
- Poetry Daily
- From the daily Poetry Association provides a different poem each day, from a wide spectrum of contemporary poets. Works with amazon.com as an adjunct in their bookstore portion.
- Poetry of the Mining Company
- Bob Holman and Margery Snyder manage this part of the mining company site - gathering material from contemporary poets, including our own Janet Hamill.
- The Poetry Project at St. Mark's
- A vital cynosure of literary activity in the Greenwich Village section of New York City, this is their official site.
- The Poetry Society
- British equivalent to PSA (Poetry Society of America). Includes the Poetry Review.
- The Poetry Society of America
- Includes the PSA journal.
- Poets and Writers Online
- From the editors of the magazine and the Directory- general information site for poets such as info on agents and conferences and workshops.
- Project Bartleby Archive
- Full text of whole novels and collections of poetry.
- W3PX Poetry Exchange
- Begun by a student at the University of oregon but maintained since 1995 at Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire U.K., it's a kind of BBS for poets - a great way for anyone to publish on the web!