RULES OF CONDUCT
The Library building and services are available to the general public
for purposes consistent with the Library's mission. We request your
cooperation with regard to the following rules of conduct which prevail:
- The rights, opinions and property of all people will be respected.
- Patrons will not interfere with the use of the Library by all people and the Library employee's performance of their duties.
- The reading room is reserved for research, reading, and study. Loud conversation, use of audio devices without headphones, eating, drinking, smoking, game playing, loitering and sleeping are not allowed.
- Soliciting, selling and petitioning are not permitted.
- Shirts and shoes will be worn at all times.
- Pets, excepting seeing eye dogs, will remain outside the building.
- The Library takes no responsibility for children left unattended. The children's area is equipped with puzzles and stuffed toys for the entertainment of young children while their care givers select library materials in the picture book area.
- It is the responsibility of the Library staff to assist customers with their information needs. Parents are responsible for the safety and conduct of their children while in the Library or on its grounds. Children will not play on the stairs, run, crawl, pound on the computer keyboards, or move library materials from one shelf to another.
- Children under the age of 10 will be supervised by their care giver at all times in the reading and stack areas of the Library, and must not be left in the Library unattended. Preeschoolers and elementary school age children enrolled in the Library programs must remain in the meeting room until picked up by their care giver.
- Parents are expected to be aware of the Library's hours of operation and to pick up their children prior to closing. In the event a child is left at closing, the Goshen Village Police will be contacted to provide supervision for the child.
- Children expected to call home from the Library should be provided with 35 cents for use of the pay phone.
- All library equipment will be operated in accordance with established posted policies. A pay telephone is available for public use.
- Library materials will be properly signed out before being removed from the building.
- The parking lot is available for people on library business only. Cars will be parked in marked spaces only. Staff and handicapped parking will be respected.
- Restroom will not be used for laundry or bathing. Nothing other than the tissue provided will be flushed in library toilets.
Violation of the above rules may result in denial of services and expulsion from the Library.
Approved: February 10, 1997
Revised April 10, 2000, May 8, 2000
Return to Library News ||